Personal Injury Lawyer Bourbon, MO
Contact Us for a Free Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Bourbon, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through another's negligence in Bourbon, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your case with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Bourbon, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer without delay. A talented Bourbon, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Bourbon, MO
If you have been in a auto accident in Bourbon, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be entitled to compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed their careers to helping those injured by someone else in the Bourbon area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Bourbon, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related fatalities every year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of personal injury claims.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include faulty equipment, poor training, slip and falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites each year in the U.S.. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to mental trauma, disfigurement, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Bourbon, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is liable for what their dog does regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. You can receive compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of benefits and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Bourbon, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket costs (transportation, daycare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to injury. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get fair compensation after an injury. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt at work, at home or at their friend's house, or in cars and many other places every year.
Bourbon, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Below are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you hire them:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Bourbon, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are very important if you are filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of factors to consider when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Are you willing to go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we handle in Bourbon, MO?
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Bourbon, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have enduring effects, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Bourbon, MO now for a complimentary consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: