Personal Injury Lawyer Festus, MO
Contact Us for a Complimentary Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Festus, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through no fault of their own in Festus, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. If you'd like to go over your case with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Festus, MO
There are over 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A talented Festus, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Festus, MO
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in Festus, MO, were hurt on the job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Festus area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Festus, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car crash deaths every year and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to mental distress, disfigurement, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Your Festus, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death case, including loss of guidance and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Festus, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, daycare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to negligence. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative to be proactive after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt on the job, at home, or in stores and everywhere else every year.
Festus, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Below are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Festus, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if an injury seems minor, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Take a look at the other types of cases we take on in Festus, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Festus, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have lasting effects, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Festus, MO now for a free consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: