Personal Injury Lawyer Oakland, MO
Contact Us for a No-obligation Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Oakland, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for the injured in Oakland, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a loved one have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. If you'd like to go over your case with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Oakland, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for survivors to get legal representation as soon as possible. A knowledgeable Oakland, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Oakland, MO
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in Oakland, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be eligible compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed themselves to helping personal injury victims and their families in the Oakland area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Oakland, MO personal injury lawyer firm takes on numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 auto crash deaths every year and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, insufficient training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause emotional trauma, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Your Oakland, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of benefits and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Oakland, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, daycare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to injury. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to those injured by another's negligence. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, at home or at their family's house, or in vehicles and many other places every year.
Oakland, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Oakland, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if an injury seems minor, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of variables when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Are you willing to go to trial? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of claims we handle in Oakland, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Oakland, MO now for a complimentary case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: