Personal Injury Lawyer Alton, IL
Call for a Complimentary Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Alton, IL. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through no fault of their own in Alton, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides the same high standard of representation that large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Personal Injury Claims in Alton, IL
There are more than 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A dedicated Alton, IL personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Alton, IL
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in Alton, IL, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be eligible compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed their practice to helping those injured through no fault of their own in the Alton area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Alton, IL personal injury lawyer firm takes on a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related fatalities every year and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional distress, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Your Alton, IL personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of support and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Alton, IL
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, a nanny, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to injury. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get fair compensation after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured by another's negligence. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt on the job, at home or at their family's house, or in restaurants and everywhere else every year.
Alton, IL Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Alton, IL personal injury lawyers take a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in Alton, IL?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have persisting effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Alton, IL now for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: