Personal Injury Lawyer Collinsville, IL
Contact Us for a No-obligation Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Collinsville, IL. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in Collinsville, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Collinsville, IL
There are over 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer without delay. A knowledgeable Collinsville, IL personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Collinsville, IL
If you have been in a auto accident in Collinsville, IL, weren't totally compensated at your job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured by someone else in the Collinsville area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Collinsville, IL personal injury lawyer firm has experience with a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 motor vehicle accident deaths pear year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Company negligence can include faulty equipment, poor training, slip and falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites each year in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to emotional trauma, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Dog bites in Collinsville, IL fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is liable for their dog's actions regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of guidance and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Collinsville, IL
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to injury. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get full compensation after an injury. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured by another's negligence. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, at home, or in restaurants and everywhere else every year.
Collinsville, IL Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, causation, fault and financial damages. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Collinsville, IL personal injury lawyers take a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are extremely important when you're filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if an injury does not seem serious, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we handle in Collinsville, IL?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Collinsville, IL Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have persisting consequences, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Collinsville, IL now for a complimentary consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: