Personal Injury Lawyer Maryland Heights, MO
Contact Us for a No-Risk Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Maryland Heights, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or someone you love have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your claim with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Maryland Heights, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A talented Maryland Heights, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Maryland Heights, MO
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in Maryland Heights, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be entitled to compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have devoted themselves to helping those injured through no fault of their own in the Maryland Heights area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Maryland Heights, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related fatalities every year and millions of accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of tort trials.
- Work-Related Accidents — Company negligence can include exposure to electricity, insufficient training, slip and falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the United States. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to emotional anguish, scarring, lacerations and other injuries. Dog bites in Maryland Heights, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is responsible for what their dog does regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of support and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Maryland Heights, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to negligence. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to those injured by another's negligence. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, at home or at their neighbor's house, or in vehicles and everywhere else every year.
Maryland Heights, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Maryland Heights, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important when you're filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if an injury seems minor, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of cases we handle in Maryland Heights, MO?
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Maryland Heights, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have long-lasting effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other hardships for your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO now for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: