Personal Injury Lawyer Bonne Terre, MO
Call for a No-Risk Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for the injured in Bonne Terre, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Personal Injury Claims in Bonne Terre, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to seek out legal counsel as soon as possible. A talented Bonne Terre, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Bonne Terre, MO
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in Bonne Terre, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Bonne Terre area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Bonne Terre, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related fatalities annually and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include being struck by an object, lapses in training, falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause mental anguish, scarring, puncture wounds and other injuries. Dog bites in Bonne Terre, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is responsible for what their dog does regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You can receive compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death case, including loss of companionship and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Bonne Terre, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket costs (transportation, home assistance, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to negligence. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get maximum compensation after an injury. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured at work, at home, or in stores and everywhere else every year.
Bonne Terre, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Bonne Terre, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if an injury does not seem serious, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of variables when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in Bonne Terre, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A catastrophic injury can have lasting consequences, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other hardships for your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO now for a complimentary case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: