Personal Injury Lawyer Pevely, MO
Call for a No-obligation Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Pevely, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Pevely, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a loved one have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Pevely, MO
There are over 97.9 million urgent care visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to get legal counsel as soon as they're able to. An experienced Pevely, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Pevely, MO
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in Pevely, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have dedicated themselves to helping those injured by someone else in the Pevely area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Pevely, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related deaths pear year and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of tort trials.
- Work-Related Injuries — Company negligence can include being struck by an object, insufficient training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite can cause mental anguish, disfigurement, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Your Pevely, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of support and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Pevely, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical bills, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are hurt at work, at home, or in restaurants and many other places every year.
Pevely, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, causation, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Pevely, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if an injury does not seem serious, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of cases we take on in Pevely, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Pevely, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have long-lasting effects, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Pevely, MO now for a free case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: