Personal Injury Lawyer Hermann, MO
Contact Us for a No-Risk Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Hermann, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents the injured in Hermann, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Hermann, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to get legal representation as soon as they're able to. An experienced Hermann, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Hermann, MO
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in Hermann, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Hermann area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Hermann, MO personal injury lawyer firm takes on numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 auto crash deaths annually and millions of accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of injury claims that go to trial.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the United States. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional anguish, scarring, puncture wounds and other injuries. Dog bites in Hermann, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is responsible for what their dog does regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death case, including loss of companionship and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Hermann, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, daycare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured on the job, at home, or in stores and many other places every year.
Hermann, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, causation, fault and financial damages. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Hermann, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are extremely important when you're filing a claim and hoping to get reimbursed. Even if an injury does not seem serious, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of variables when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? Do you believe in my case? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Check out the other types of claims we take on in Hermann, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Hermann, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have persisting effects, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Hermann, MO now for a free case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: