Lake St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Call or contact our Lake St. Louis, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Lake St. Louis, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured because of recklessness or negligence, our firm will be your voice. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Lake St. Louis, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm manages so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many people as we can that suffer needlessly.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular accidents account for around 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Halvorsen Kote's Lake St. Louis, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the scenario, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Lake St. Louis, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
What is Liability?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you are part of a semi-truck crash, for example, it's key to figure out who is to blame. This is where our personal injury attorneys in Lake St. Louis, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm is here.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Lake St. Louis courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: fault and damages. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or fail at their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held liable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim in Lake St. Louis, MO?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Lake St. Louis, MO, accidents attorneys investigate at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an injury attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO, may provide includes:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages may include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Lake St. Louis, MO, accident attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other services our firm provides:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Lake St. Louis, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These large insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your long-term best interests. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of complicated details, paperwork, unexpected obstacles, and unfair denials. In our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you are still unsure if you have a case, an experienced Lake St. Louis personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact Halvorsen Klote today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.