St. Charles, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in St. Charles, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor may result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Contact our St. Charles, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Charles, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been hurt due to recklessness or negligence, HK Law's team will be your voice. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in St. Charles, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in St. Charles, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of St. Charles or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why our firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many individuals and their families as possible.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of types of cases, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Our St. Charles, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the scenario, and any financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in St. Charles, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are involved in a semi-truck crash, for instance, it is key to figure out who is to blame. This is where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in St. Charles, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That is why our firm is here.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the St. Charles courts; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: damages and fault. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must perform a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held liable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For a Personal Injury Claim in St. Charles, MO?
It is Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our St. Charles, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in St. Charles, MO, may provide includes:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our St. Charles, MO, accident lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other services we provide:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
St. Charles, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These big insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that might not be in your long-term best interests. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. Using our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced St. Charles personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have enough evidence to effectively prove fault and seek damages. Contact us now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.