Glen Carbon, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Glen Carbon, IL. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent pain and disfigurement. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Call or contact our Glen Carbon, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys in Glen Carbon, IL, today..
If you or a loved one have been hurt due to recklessness or negligence, our firm will be your voice. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Glen Carbon, IL for help and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Glen Carbon, IL
Whether your accident happened on the streets of Glen Carbon or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why our firm manages personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help as many individuals and their families as possible.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of types of cases, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims usually involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Halvorsen Kote's Glen Carbon, IL, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Personal injury claims vary based on the situation, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Glen Carbon, IL, are here to represent victims and their families.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are part of a semi-truck crash, for instance, it's important to figure out who is to blame. That's where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Glen Carbon, IL, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That's why our firm is here.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Glen Carbon courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: damages and fault. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must perform a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held accountable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth under IL statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Case in Glen Carbon, IL?
It is Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Glen Carbon, IL, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two main types of compensation an injury attorney in Glen Carbon, IL, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Glen Carbon, IL, accident attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other services our firm provides:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Glen Carbon, IL, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These big insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your long-term best interests. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. Using our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Glen Carbon personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact our firm now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.