Wellsville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Wellsville, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor can result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent pain and disfigurement. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Call or contact our Wellsville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Wellsville, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been hurt due to recklessness or negligence, our firm will be your voice. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Wellsville, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Wellsville, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm handles personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help as many individuals and their families as possible.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of types of cases, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicle-related crashes account for around 1.9 million accidents every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Halvorsen Kote's Wellsville, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the scenario, and whatever financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Wellsville, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you're involved in a truck accident, for instance, it's key to figure out who is to blame. That's where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Wellsville, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That's why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Wellsville; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: damages and fault. For example, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held liable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case in Wellsville, MO?
It's Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Wellsville, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in Wellsville, MO, may provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages often include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Wellsville, MO, accident attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other legal services our firm provides:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Wellsville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These large insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. Using our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as simple as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Wellsville personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to appropriately prove fault and seek damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.