Vandalia, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Vandalia, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor can result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent disfigurement and pain. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Call or contact our Vandalia, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Vandalia, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured because of negligence or recklessness, HK Law's team will be your voice. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Vandalia, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Vandalia, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of Vandalia or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Halvorsen Kote's Vandalia, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the situation, and whatever financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Vandalia, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you are involved in a semi-truck crash, for instance, it's key to figure out who is to blame. This is where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Vandalia, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm has your back.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Vandalia courts; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: fault and damages. For example, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must commit a wrongful act or fail at their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Case in Vandalia, MO?
It is Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Vandalia, MO, accidents attorneys investigate at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two main types of compensation an injury attorney in Vandalia, MO, may provide includes:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages often include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Vandalia, MO, injury attorneys will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other services we provide:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Vandalia, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These large insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of complicated details, paperwork, unexpected obstacles, and unfair denials. In our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you are still unsure if you have a case, an experienced Vandalia personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact us now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.