Boonville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Boonville, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent pain and disfigurement. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Call or contact our Boonville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Boonville, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been injured due to recklessness or negligence, our firm is prepared to act on your behalf. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Boonville, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Boonville, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm manages so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many individuals and their families as possible.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of case types, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicular accidents account for around 1.9 million accidents every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Our Boonville, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the scenario, and whatever financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Boonville, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you are part of a truck accident, for example, it's important to figure out who is to blame. This is where our personal injury attorneys in Boonville, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That is why our firm has your back.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Boonville; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: fault and damages. For instance, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must perform a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held accountable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Claim in Boonville, MO?
It's Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Boonville, MO, accidents attorneys investigate at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in Boonville, MO, may provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages may include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Boonville, MO, injury attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other legal services our firm provides:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Boonville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These big insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of complicated details, paperwork, unexpected obstacles, and unfair denials. With our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you are still unsure if you have a case, an experienced Boonville personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact Halvorsen Klote now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.