Versailles, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Versailles, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor may result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent pain and disfigurement. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Contact our Versailles, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Versailles, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been hurt due to negligence or recklessness, our firm will be your voice. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Versailles, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Versailles, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of Versailles or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why our firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many people as we can that suffer needlessly.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicle-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Halvorsen Kote's Versailles, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the situation, and any financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Versailles, MO, injury victims.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are part of a semi-truck crash, for instance, it is important to figure out who is to blame. This is where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Versailles, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm has your back.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Versailles; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: fault and damages. For instance, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must perform a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Claim in Versailles, MO?
It's Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Versailles, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an injury attorney in Versailles, MO, may provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages may include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Versailles, MO, injury attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other services we provide:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Versailles, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These big insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of complicated details, paperwork, unexpected obstacles, and unfair denials. In our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Versailles personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have sufficient evidence to effectively seek damages and prove fault. Contact Halvorsen Klote today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.