St. Peters, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in St. Peters, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our St. Peters, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Peters, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been hurt because of recklessness or negligence, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Please contact a personal injury attorney in St. Peters, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in St. Peters, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm manages so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many individuals and their families as possible.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of types of cases, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for around 1.9 million accidents every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims often involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Our St. Peters, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Personal injury claims vary based on the situation, and any financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in St. Peters, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are involved in a semi-truck crash, for example, it's important to figure out who is to blame. That's where our personal injury attorneys in St. Peters, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of St. Peters; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: fault and damages. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or fail at their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Case in St. Peters, MO?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our St. Peters, MO, accidents attorneys investigate at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in St. Peters, MO, provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our St. Peters, MO, injury lawyers consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other legal services we provide:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
St. Peters, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These large insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. With our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you are still unsure if you have a case, an experienced St. Peters personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact Halvorsen Klote today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.