Hermann, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Hermann, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor may result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Call or contact our Hermann, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Hermann, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been injured because of negligence or recklessness, our firm will be your voice. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Hermann, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Hermann, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm handles personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicle-related crashes account for an average of 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims typically involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Halvorsen Kote's Hermann, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Personal injury claims vary based on the situation, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Hermann, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are part of a truck accident, for instance, it is key to figure out who is to blame. That's where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Hermann, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That is why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Hermann; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: fault and damages. For instance, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Case in Hermann, MO?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Hermann, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in Hermann, MO, may provide includes:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Hermann, MO, injury attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other legal services our firm provides:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Hermann, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These big insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your long-term best interests. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. Using our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Hermann personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have sufficient evidence to effectively seek damages and prove fault. Contact us now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.