Warrenton, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Warrenton, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Contact our Warrenton, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Warrenton, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been injured because of recklessness or negligence, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Warrenton, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Warrenton, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of Warrenton or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why our firm handles personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help as many people as we can that suffer needlessly.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of types of cases, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Halvorsen Kote's Warrenton, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the situation, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Warrenton, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
What is Liability?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you are involved in a semi-truck crash, for example, it's key to figure out who is to blame. This is where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Warrenton, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Warrenton; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: damages and fault. For instance, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Claim in Warrenton, MO?
It is Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Warrenton, MO, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in Warrenton, MO, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages often include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Warrenton, MO, accident attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other legal services our firm provides:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Warrenton, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These large insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. Using our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you are still unsure if you have a case, an experienced Warrenton personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have sufficient evidence to effectively seek damages and prove fault. Contact our firm today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.