Union, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Union, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent pain and disfigurement. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Contact our Union, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Union, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been injured due to recklessness or negligence, our firm is prepared to act on your behalf. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Union, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Union, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm handles personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help as many individuals and their families as possible.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for an average of 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims usually involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Halvorsen Kote's Union, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Personal injury claims vary based on the scenario, and any financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Union, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are part of a truck accident, for example, it's important to figure out who is to blame. That's where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Union, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That is why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Union; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: fault and damages. For example, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must perform a wrongful act or fail at their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For a Personal Injury Case in Union, MO?
It is Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Union, MO, accidents attorneys investigate at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two primary types of compensation an injury attorney in Union, MO, provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages can include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Union, MO, accident lawyers will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other services our firm provides:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Union, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These large insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. With our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as simple as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Union personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact Halvorsen Klote now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.