Des Peres, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Des Peres, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent pain and disfigurement. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Call or contact our Des Peres, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Des Peres, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured due to negligence or recklessness, our firm is prepared to act on your behalf. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Des Peres, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Des Peres, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of Des Peres or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why our firm handles personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular accidents account for an average of 1.9 million accidents every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims typically involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Our Des Peres, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury claims vary based on the scenario, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Des Peres, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you're involved in a truck accident, for instance, it is important to figure out who is to blame. That's where our personal injury attorneys in Des Peres, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm has your back.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Des Peres; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: fault and damages. For instance, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must perform a wrongful act or default on their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case in Des Peres, MO?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Des Peres, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an injury attorney in Des Peres, MO, may provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Des Peres, MO, injury attorneys will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other legal services we provide:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Des Peres, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These large insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that may not be in your long-term best interests. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. In our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as simple as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Des Peres personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to effectively prove fault and seek damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.