Maryland Heights, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Maryland Heights, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent disfigurement and pain. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Contact our Maryland Heights, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been injured due to negligence or recklessness, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Maryland Heights, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Maryland Heights, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm manages personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Halvorsen Kote's Maryland Heights, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the scenario, and any financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are part of a semi-truck crash, for example, it is important to figure out who is to blame. This is where our personal injury attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That's why our firm is here.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Maryland Heights courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: fault and damages. For instance, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held accountable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim in Maryland Heights, MO?
It is Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Maryland Heights, MO, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in Maryland Heights, MO, provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Maryland Heights, MO, accident lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other legal services our firm provides:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Maryland Heights, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These big insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that might not be in your long-term best interests. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. With our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Maryland Heights personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have sufficient evidence to effectively seek damages and prove fault. Contact Halvorsen Klote now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.