Wentzville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Wentzville, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent pain and disfigurement. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our Wentzville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Wentzville, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been hurt because of negligence or recklessness, HK Law's team will be your voice. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Wentzville, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Wentzville, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm handles personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help as many individuals and their families as possible.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for an average of 1.9 million accidents each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Our Wentzville, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the situation, and whatever financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Wentzville, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are part of a truck accident, for example, it's important to figure out who is to blame. That's where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Wentzville, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Wentzville; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: damages and fault. For instance, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For a Personal Injury Case in Wentzville, MO?
It's Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Wentzville, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two primary types of compensation an injury attorney in Wentzville, MO, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Wentzville, MO, injury lawyers consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other services our firm provides:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Wentzville, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These large insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that may not be in your long-term best interests. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. In our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Wentzville personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have sufficient evidence to effectively seek damages and prove fault. Contact our firm now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.