New Florence, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in New Florence, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent pain and disfigurement. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our New Florence, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in New Florence, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been injured because of negligence or recklessness, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in New Florence, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in New Florence, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm manages personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help as many people as we can that suffer needlessly.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of types of cases, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicle-related accidents account for around 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Halvorsen Kote's New Florence, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Personal injury claims vary based on the situation, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in New Florence, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you're part of a semi-truck crash, for instance, it's important to figure out who is to blame. This is where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in New Florence, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That's why our firm has your back.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the New Florence courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: fault and damages. For example, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim in New Florence, MO?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our New Florence, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in New Florence, MO, may provide includes:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages may include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our New Florence, MO, accident attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other services our firm provides:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
New Florence, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These large insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that may not be in your best interests long-term. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. In our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you are still unsure if you have a case, an experienced New Florence personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have enough evidence to effectively seek damages and prove fault. Contact us now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.