Clayton, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Clayton, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Call or contact our Clayton, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Clayton, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been injured because of recklessness or negligence, our firm will be your voice. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Clayton, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Clayton, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm handles personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help injury victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million accidents each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Our Clayton, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the scenario, and any financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Clayton, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you're part of a truck accident, for instance, it is key to figure out who is to blame. That's where our personal injury attorneys in Clayton, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That is why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Clayton; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: damages and fault. For instance, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For a Personal Injury Claim in Clayton, MO?
It is Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Clayton, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two main types of compensation an accident attorney in Clayton, MO, may provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages may include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Clayton, MO, accident attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other services our firm provides:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Clayton, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These big insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your long-term best interests. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of complicated details, paperwork, unexpected obstacles, and unfair denials. In our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Clayton personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to appropriately prove fault and seek damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.