St. Clair, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in St. Clair, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor can result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent pain and disfigurement. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our St. Clair, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in St. Clair, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured because of negligence or recklessness, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in St. Clair, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in St. Clair, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many individuals and their families as possible.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of types of cases, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases usually involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Our St. Clair, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the situation, and any financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in St. Clair, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you're involved in a truck accident, for instance, it's important to figure out who is to blame. That's where our personal injury attorneys in St. Clair, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm has your back.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of St. Clair; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: fault and damages. For instance, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held liable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim in St. Clair, MO?
It's Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our St. Clair, MO, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two primary types of compensation an injury attorney in St. Clair, MO, provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our St. Clair, MO, injury attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is advisable to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other legal services our firm provides:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
St. Clair, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These big insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that may not be in your long-term best interests. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. Using our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced St. Clair personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact us today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.