Fayette, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Fayette, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent disfigurement and pain. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our Fayette, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Fayette, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been hurt due to negligence or recklessness, our firm will be your voice. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Fayette, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Fayette, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many people as we can that suffer needlessly.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of types of cases, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for about 1.9 million accidents every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims usually involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Halvorsen Kote's Fayette, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the scenario, and any financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Fayette, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are involved in a semi-truck crash, for instance, it's important to figure out who is to blame. That's where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Fayette, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That's why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Fayette; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: damages and fault. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case in Fayette, MO?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Fayette, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two main types of compensation an accident attorney in Fayette, MO, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Fayette, MO, accident attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is helpful to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other services we provide:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Fayette, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These big insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that may not be in your long-term best interests. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of complicated details, paperwork, unexpected obstacles, and unfair denials. Using our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Fayette personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately prove fault and seek damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.