High Hill, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in High Hill, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our High Hill, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in High Hill, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been hurt due to recklessness or negligence, our firm is prepared to act on your behalf. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in High Hill, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in High Hill, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of High Hill or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm handles personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help as many people as we can that suffer needlessly.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of types of cases, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicle-related accidents account for around 1.9 million injuries every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims often involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Halvorsen Kote's High Hill, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the situation, and any financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in High Hill, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you're part of a truck accident, for instance, it's key to figure out who is to blame. This is where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in High Hill, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm has your back.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of High Hill; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: damages and fault. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must perform a wrongful act or fail at their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held accountable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Claim in High Hill, MO?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our High Hill, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in High Hill, MO, provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages may include any loss of financial earnings, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our High Hill, MO, accident attorneys will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other legal services we provide:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
High Hill, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These big insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that may not be in your best interests long-term. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. In our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced High Hill personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact us now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.