Eureka, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Eureka, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our Eureka, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Eureka, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured due to recklessness or negligence, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Eureka, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Eureka, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of Eureka or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of case types, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicle-related accidents account for around 1.9 million accidents every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Halvorsen Kote's Eureka, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the situation, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Eureka, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are involved in a semi-truck crash, for example, it is important to figure out who is to blame. That's where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Eureka, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That's why our firm has your back.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Eureka courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: fault and damages. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must perform a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held liable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Case in Eureka, MO?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Eureka, MO, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two main types of compensation an accident attorney in Eureka, MO, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages often include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Eureka, MO, injury lawyers consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other legal services we provide:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Eureka, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These large insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. With our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as simple as possible for you.
If you are still unsure if you have a case, an experienced Eureka personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to appropriately prove fault and seek damages. Contact us today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.