Bourbon, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Bourbon, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe can result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our Bourbon, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Bourbon, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been hurt because of recklessness or negligence, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Bourbon, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case consultation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Bourbon, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of Bourbon or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why our firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help injury victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of types of cases, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicle-related accidents account for about 1.9 million accidents every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Our Bourbon, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the scenario, and any financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Bourbon, MO, injury victims.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you're involved in a truck accident, for example, it is key to figure out who is to blame. This is where our personal injury attorneys in Bourbon, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm is here.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Bourbon courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: damages and fault. For instance, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held accountable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Case in Bourbon, MO?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Bourbon, MO, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two primary types of compensation an injury attorney in Bourbon, MO, provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Bourbon, MO, accident attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is helpful to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other services we provide:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Bourbon, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These big insurance companies will do anything they can to limit their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that may not be in your long-term best interests. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of unfair denials, mountains of paperwork, complicated details, and unexpected obstacles. Using our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as simple as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Bourbon personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have enough evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact Halvorsen Klote today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.