Chamois, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Chamois, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both minor and severe may result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our Chamois, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Chamois, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been hurt because of recklessness or negligence, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Chamois, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Chamois, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of Chamois or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm manages so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many people as we can that suffer needlessly.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of types of cases, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicle-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases usually involve dog bites, defective products, fires, toxins or chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Halvorsen Kote's Chamois, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Personal injury claims vary based on the scenario, and whatever financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Chamois, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you're involved in a semi-truck crash, for instance, it's key to figure out who is to blame. That's where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Chamois, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That's why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Chamois; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: fault and damages. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held liable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Case in Chamois, MO?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Chamois, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two main types of compensation an injury attorney in Chamois, MO, may provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages may include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Chamois, MO, injury attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other services we provide:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Chamois, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These big insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of complicated details, paperwork, unexpected obstacles, and unfair denials. With our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as seamless as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Chamois personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately prove fault and seek damages. Contact us today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.