Sullivan, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Sullivan, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor may result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent disfigurement and pain. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Contact our Sullivan, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Sullivan, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured due to negligence or recklessness, our firm is prepared to act on your behalf. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Sullivan, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Sullivan, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm manages so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of types of cases, including:
- Automotive Accidents: Vehicle-related accidents account for about 1.9 million accidents each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Our Sullivan, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of injuries, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the scenario, and any financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Sullivan, MO, are here to represent victims and their families.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are part of a truck accident, for example, it is key to figure out who is to blame. This is where our personal injury attorneys in Sullivan, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That's why our firm has your back.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Sullivan; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: fault and damages. For instance, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must perform a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Claim in Sullivan, MO?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Sullivan, MO, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two main types of compensation an injury attorney in Sullivan, MO, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Sullivan, MO, accident attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
Below are other services we provide:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Sullivan, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
These big insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your best interests long-term. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of complicated details, paperwork, unexpected obstacles, and unfair denials. Using our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Sullivan personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately prove fault and seek damages. Contact us now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.