Quincy, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Quincy, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor can result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Call or contact our Quincy, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Quincy, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been injured because of recklessness or negligence, our firm is prepared to act on your behalf. Please contact a personal injury attorney in Quincy, MO for help and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. If we decide to take your case, it will be on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t have to pay fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Quincy, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help as many individuals and their families as possible.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a number of case types, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicle-related crashes account for about 1.9 million injuries every year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced accident lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday goods. Halvorsen Kote's Quincy, MO, accident lawyers are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Injury cases vary based on the situation, and any financial damages are involved. The personal injury attorneys in Quincy, MO, support victims in the case of an injury.
What is Liability?
Fault depends on how the accident happened, where it happened, and how bad the damage is. If you're involved in a truck accident, for instance, it is important to figure out who is to blame. This is where our personal injury attorneys in Quincy, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That's why our firm is here.
You may be able to seek damages by either pursuing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance or filing a lawsuit against them in the city of Quincy; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must meet two essential elements: damages and fault. For example, a person, business, or employee(s) of a company must commit a wrongful act or fail at their duty to prevent dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held accountable for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth under MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For a Personal Injury Case in Quincy, MO?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Quincy, MO, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two primary types of compensation an accident attorney in Quincy, MO, may provide includes:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages often include lost wages, medical expenses, loss of benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. Our attorneys help victims organize all of this information.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Quincy, MO, injury attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other services our firm provides:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Quincy, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These big insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you into accepting a settlement offer that might not be in your long-term best interests. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of complicated details, paperwork, unexpected obstacles, and unfair denials. Using our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as simple as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Quincy personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can determine if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately seek damages and prove fault. Contact Halvorsen Klote today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.