Macon, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Macon, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor may result in staggering medical expenses, an inability to return to the job you once depended on, or permanent disfigurement and pain. We want to help you not only reclaim what you lost, but gain every possible opportunity moving forward. HK Law is here to help clients with legal representation. Contact our Macon, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Macon, MO, now..
If you or a loved one have been injured because of negligence or recklessness, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Macon, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Personal Injury Claims We Manage in Macon, MO
Whether your accident happened on the streets of Macon or in your very own home, injuries that are not your fault can happen anywhere at any time. This is why the Halvorsen Klote firm manages personal injury claims of all types, because we want to help injury victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of case types, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicular crashes account for an average of 1.9 million injuries every year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents include semi trucks, speeding, distracted drivers, drugs and alcohol, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Halvorsen Kote's Macon, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and many other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the scenario, and any financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Macon, MO, injury victims.
What is Liability?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you are part of a truck accident, for example, it is key to figure out who is to blame. That's where our personal injury attorneys in Macon, MO, come into play. Was it caused by poor road conditions, the trucking company, negligent driving? That's why our firm has your back.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Macon courts; however, it may difficult to know if you have a right to a claim in either situation.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: fault and damages. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must fall within time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Claim in Macon, MO?
It's Halvorsen Klote's responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Macon, MO, accidents attorneys will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused physical, mental, and financial harm. The two main types of compensation an accident attorney in Macon, MO, provide includes:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages often include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Macon, MO, accident attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It is advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other legal services our firm provides:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Macon, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These large insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that might not be in your long-term best interests. Without effective legal representation, you may lose out on gaining sufficient compensation to cover your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. With our extensive experience, we know this process well and want to make it as easy as possible for you.
If you need further help determining if you have a personal injury case, an experienced Macon personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have sufficient evidence to appropriately prove fault and seek damages. Contact Halvorsen Klote now.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.