Fenton, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call for a Free Consultation
Personal injury attorney in Fenton, MO. Attorneys Joel Halvorsen, Greg Klote, and Samanth Orlowski at Halvorsen Klote know that accidents both severe and minor may result in an inability to return to the job you once depended upon, high medical expenses, or permanent disfigurement and pain. Regardless of the scale of the loss you’ve endured, you are equally deserving of rights and just compensation under the law. HK Law is here to help St. Louis area residents with legal representation. Call or contact our Fenton, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys in Fenton, MO, today..
If you or a loved one have been hurt due to negligence or recklessness, HK Law's team is prepared to act on your behalf. Feel free to contact a personal injury attorney in Fenton, MO for assistance and a for a free, no-risk case evaluation. All cases we take are based on a contingency fee so that you do not have to pay legal fees up-front.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Fenton, MO
Accidents happen all around us and the injuries that victims face are far-reaching. This is why our firm handles so many different kinds of cases, because we want to help injury victims and their families.
Halvorsen Klote is available and willing to take on a series of types of cases, including:
- Car and Truck Accidents: Vehicular accidents account for an average of 1.9 million injuries each year (and around 30,000 fatalities). Most of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, DUIs, and intersections.
- Premises Liability: These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bites, and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion, and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced accident attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability: Products that malfunction or don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. May include bad brakes on a car, household appliances, and other everyday items. Our Fenton, MO, accident attorneys are on your side.
- Medical Malpractice: Another common cause of personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication, and several other medical issues.
Personal injury cases vary based on the scenario, and whatever financial damages are to follow. The personal injury attorneys in Fenton, MO, injury victims.
Who is Liable to Pay Damages?
Damages vary based on a variety of factors based on how, what, where, and why. If you're part of a truck accident, for example, it is important to figure out who is to blame. This is where HK Law's personal injury attorneys in Fenton, MO, come into play. Was it the truck driver, the driver's company, the road? That is why our firm is here.
You can recover damages by either filing a personal injury claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company or by filing a personal injury lawsuit against them in the Fenton courts; however, it may be hard to determine if you have a leg to stand on in either case.
In order to succeed, you must be able to prove two critical items: damages and fault. For example, an individual, company, or employee(s) of a business must commit a wrongful act or default on their duty to protect others from dangerous situations in order to be guilty of negligence and thus held responsible for your injuries. Furthermore, the accident must meet time restrictions set forth by MO statute of limitations.
What Damages Can You Recover For an Injury Case in Fenton, MO?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our Fenton, MO, accidents attorneys look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors that may have caused financial and physical harm. The two main types of compensation an accident attorney in Fenton, MO, provide includes the following:
- Special Damages: Economic or "special" damages may include lost wages, medical expenses, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions. When you begin a case, our team will help you get these items in order.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Fenton, MO, injury attorneys will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to document everything you can regarding your health and well-being to justify general damages.
Often, personal injury claims are settled before reaching trial but, if one becomes necessary, we do not hesitate to face large insurance companies to get the amount of compensation you find fair for your injuries.
Below are other legal services we provide:
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
Fenton, MO, Personal Injury Attorneys
In many cases, claims for personal injury are settled out of court before ever reaching the trial stage; however, we will never hesitate to go to trial if large insurance companies refuse to pay what’s fair.
These large insurance companies have a vested interest in limiting their liability and will therefore pressure you to make quick decisions on a settlement offer that may not be in your long-term best interests. Without someone on your side, you could lose out on getting sufficient coverage for your losses.
Furthermore, the personal injury claim process is made up of paperwork, unexpected obstacles, unfair denials, and complicated details. Using our extensive experience, we know the ins and outs of the process and want to make it as simple as possible for you.
If you are still unsure if you have a case, an experienced Fenton personal injury lawyer at The Hayden Law Firm can discover if you have enough evidence to effectively seek damages and prove fault. Contact Halvorsen Klote today.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. Our firm has settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.