Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Fenton, MO
Fenton, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Fenton, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Fenton, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of friendship and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Fenton, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Fenton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Fenton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Fenton, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Fenton, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Fenton, Missouri and Illinois?
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle crashes resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Fenton, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the vast majority of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Fenton, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Fenton, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and gravel pose a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, another culprit is car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Fenton, MO Help Me?
Most seek out our services have never had an injury before, and are unsure the process of filing a claim and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Fenton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can gather the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Fenton, MO crash experts to determine the precise cause of your injuries.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Fenton, MO family.
- Letting you know what's going on in your case so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you get a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Fenton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Fenton, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to making a difference in the lives of Fenton, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.