Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Fenton, MO
Fenton, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Fenton, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Fenton, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, Fenton, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can be catastrophic and have long-term effects. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Fenton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Fenton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Fenton, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Fenton, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Fenton, Missouri and Illinois?
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle crashes resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Fenton, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Fenton, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Fenton, MO?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and gravel. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Fenton, MO Do For My Case?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had an injury before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Fenton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your accidentin order to acquire valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our legal knowledge and network of Fenton, MO accident experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Fenton, MO.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what matters most: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Fenton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we take on in Fenton, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Fenton, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Fenton, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case evaluation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.