Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Eureka, MO
Eureka, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Eureka, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Eureka, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, Eureka, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can be ruinous and life-changing. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Eureka, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Eureka, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Eureka, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Eureka, MO:
Eureka, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Eureka, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after sunset.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If you were hurt because another Eureka, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Eureka, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and debris. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Eureka, MO Do For My Case?
Most of our clients have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Eureka, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Fully investigating your claimso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our expertise and network of Eureka, MO crash experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Eureka, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it immediately disrupts your life. The Eureka, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we handle in Eureka, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Eureka, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've dedicated our practice to making a difference in the lives of Eureka, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.