Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Eureka, MO
Eureka, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Eureka, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Eureka, MO. There's no doubting the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their bikes. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Eureka, MO. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Eureka, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Eureka, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Eureka, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Eureka, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Eureka, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle accidents lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 catastrophic injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Eureka, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Eureka, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Eureka, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving contributed to 34 percent of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and gravel pose a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Eureka, MO Help Me?
Most seek out our services have never had an injury before, and don't know the process of filing a claim and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Eureka, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your claimin order to gather important evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Eureka, MO accident experts to ascertain how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held responsible.
- Offering sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your Eureka, MO loved ones.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones expert legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what matters most: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Eureka, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Eureka, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to making a difference in the lives of Eureka, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary case review with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.