Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Sullivan, MO
Sullivan, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Sullivan, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Sullivan, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, Sullivan, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Sullivan, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Sullivan, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Sullivan, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Sullivan, MO:
Sullivan, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Sullivan, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after sunset.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If you were hurt because another Sullivan, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Sullivan, MO?
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Sullivan, MO Do For My Case?
Most who come to see us have never had an injury before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Sullivan, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Conducting an exhaustive investigation into your casein order to obtain important evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Sullivan, MO crash experts to determine how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held responsible.
- Offering sound legal guidance as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you can make the best decision for you and your Sullivan, MO family.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our ability to make our clients feel valued.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what's important: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Sullivan, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Sullivan, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've committed our practice to making a difference in the lives of Sullivan, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.