Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Sullivan, MO
Sullivan, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Sullivan, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Sullivan, MO. There's no comparing the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists feel when riding their bikes. However, too many other drivers on the Sullivan, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Sullivan, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Sullivan, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Sullivan, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Sullivan, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Sullivan, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Sullivan, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in preventing motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to operate than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers practice safety tips. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Sullivan, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Are Common Causes of Sullivan, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and debris. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Sullivan, MO?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had an injury before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Sullivan, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your accidentin order to acquire the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Sullivan, MO crash experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Sullivan, MO.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you get a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Sullivan, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we take on in Sullivan, MO include:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Sullivan, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Sullivan, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case evaluation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.