Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Lake St. Louis, MO
Lake St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Lake St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of camaraderie and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Lake St. Louis, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks can be catastrophic and life-changing. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Lake St. Louis, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you full compensation for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Lake St. Louis, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Lake St. Louis, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Lake St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after sunset.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers practice safety measures. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Lake St. Louis, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Are Common Causes of Lake St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and gravel pose an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO Help Me?
Most of our clients have never had to hire a lawyer before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Lake St. Louis, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Performing an extensive investigation into your casein order to obtain valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our experience and network of Lake St. Louis, MO accident experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Lake St. Louis, MO loved ones.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what's important: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it immediately disrupts your life. The Lake St. Louis, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Lake St. Louis, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Lake St. Louis, MO did not do the right thing. For a free consultation with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.