Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Rolla, MO
Rolla, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Rolla, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Rolla, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Rolla, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can be devastating and life-changing. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Rolla, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our diligence and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Rolla, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Rolla, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Rolla, MO:
Rolla, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Rolla, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be drinking and after dark.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Rolla, MO driver did not look out for your safety, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Are Common Causes of Rolla, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and gravel pose a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to slow down, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Rolla, MO Do For My Case?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know the process of receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Rolla, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Conducting an exhaustive investigation into your accidentso that we can acquire important evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Rolla, MO collision experts to determine the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Rolla, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your time on what's important: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Rolla, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Rolla, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Rolla, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case review with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.