Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Rolla, MO
Rolla, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Rolla, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Rolla, MO. There's no doubting the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists feel when riding their motorcycles. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Rolla, MO. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can be catastrophic and life-changing. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Rolla, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Rolla, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Rolla, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Rolla, MO:
Rolla, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Rolla, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to operate than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Rolla, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Rolla, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of our limited ability to take in sensory information only lets us see cars and trucks.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Rolla, MO?
Most who come to see us have never had to hire a lawyer before, and don't know the process of receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Rolla, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your accidentso that we can obtain the necessary evidence and determine liability. We use our expertise and network of Rolla, MO collision experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal guidance as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Rolla, MO family.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what's important: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Rolla, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we handle in Rolla, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Rolla, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to helping those Rolla, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary case evaluation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.