Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Fayette, MO
Fayette, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Fayette, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Fayette, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of fellowship and thrill. However, Fayette, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of uncertainty. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Fayette, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Fayette, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Fayette, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Fayette, MO:
Fayette, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Fayette, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the vast majority of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Fayette, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Are Common Causes of Fayette, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and gravel create an increased risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists downshift to come to a stop, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Fayette, MO?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Fayette, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Conducting a complete investigation into your accidentso that we can gather important evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Fayette, MO crash experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Fayette, MO family.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to make our clients feel valued.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones expert legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Fayette, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Fayette, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Fayette, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case review with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.