Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Collinsville, IL
Collinsville, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Collinsville, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Collinsville, IL. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Collinsville, IL roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Collinsville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Collinsville, IL today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Collinsville, IL only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Collinsville, IL:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Collinsville, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Collinsville, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers practice safety tips. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Collinsville, IL area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Collinsville, IL?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and animals. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Collinsville, IL Help Me?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know the process of filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Collinsville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Conducting a full investigation into your casein order to acquire valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Collinsville, IL collision experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Collinsville, IL.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are never left in the dark. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones expert legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what's important: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you get the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Collinsville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Collinsville, IL include:
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Collinsville, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Collinsville, IL did not do the right thing. For a free consultation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.