Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Manchester, MO
Manchester, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Manchester, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Manchester, MO. There's no comparing the sense of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their bikes. However, too many other drivers on the Manchester, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can be ruinous and have long-term effects. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Manchester, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Manchester, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Manchester, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Manchester, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Manchester, Missouri and Illinois?
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Manchester, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If another driver in the Manchester, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Manchester, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost half of of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to come to a stop, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Manchester, MO Help Me?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Manchester, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Performing a complete investigation into your claimin order to acquire the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Manchester, MO accident experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your Manchester, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Manchester, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Manchester, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to helping those Manchester, MO residents who have been treated unfairly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.