Motorcycle Accidents Attorney O'Fallon, MO
O'Fallon, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | O'Fallon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in O'Fallon, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, O'Fallon, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's O'Fallon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our diligence and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in O'Fallon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in O'Fallon, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in O'Fallon, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in O'Fallon, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More O'Fallon, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers practice safety tips. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another O'Fallon, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in O'Fallon, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility pose a heightened risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of fatal motorcycle accidents were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, another culprit is car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in O'Fallon, MO?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had an injury before, and don't know how to go about filing a claim and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote O'Fallon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Fully investigating your accidentin order to obtain important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of O'Fallon, MO crash experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in O'Fallon, MO.
- Making sure you always know what's going on in your case so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your time on what matters most: healing and putting your life back together.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The O'Fallon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
O'Fallon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in O'Fallon, MO did not do the right thing. For a free consultation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.