Motorcycle Accidents Attorney O'Fallon, MO
O'Fallon, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | O'Fallon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in O'Fallon, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the O'Fallon, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents can be severe and life-changing. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's O'Fallon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in O'Fallon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in O'Fallon, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in O'Fallon, MO:
O'Fallon, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle crashes lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 catastrophic injuries and 152 deaths.
More O'Fallon, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some motorists give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another O'Fallon, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in O'Fallon, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and animals create a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to come to a stop, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in O'Fallon, MO Help Me?
Most seek out our services have never had to hire a lawyer before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote O'Fallon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Performing an exhaustive investigation into your caseso that we can obtain valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our experience and network of O'Fallon, MO collision experts to ascertain how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your O'Fallon, MO family.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones expert legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what's important: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you get maximum compensation for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The O'Fallon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in O'Fallon, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
O'Fallon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in O'Fallon, MO did not do the right thing. For a complimentary case review with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.