Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Crestwood, MO
Crestwood, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Crestwood, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Crestwood, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, Crestwood, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Crestwood, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you full compensation for your injuries. Our dedication and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Crestwood, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Crestwood, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Crestwood, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Crestwood, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Crestwood, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some people have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Crestwood, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Crestwood, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and debris. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of fatal motorcycle accidents were caused at least in part by speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to come to a stop, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Crestwood, MO?
Most of our clients have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Crestwood, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Fully investigating your accidentso that we can gather the necessary evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Crestwood, MO crash experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your Crestwood, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your time on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and noneconomic damages.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Crestwood, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we take on in Crestwood, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Crestwood, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of Crestwood, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.