Crestwood, MO Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal car accident lawyer in Crestwood, MO. Losing a loved one in a car accident is a devastating experience that nobody should ever have to endure. The sorrow and turmoil that follow can be intense, leaving families in a state of grief. While nothing can bring back a lost life, looking for legal advice from a specialized fatal car accident lawyer in Crestwood, MO can assist families work through the complex legal process and find some semblance of closure. Crestwood, MO personal injury law firm Halvorsen Klote serves as a beacon of support for those facing this unimaginable tragedy.
Halvorsen Klote is a committed and caring Crestwood, MO law firm with a long-standing reputation for superiority. With proficiency in personal injury law and a specific emphasis on fatal car accident cases, we help clients across Missouri and Illinois. Our team of knowledgeable Crestwood, MO fatal car accident lawyers is committed to assisting families navigate the legal challenges that arise after a devastating accident, providing direction, support and advocacy every step of the way. With Halvorsen Klote, you have a collaborator who comprehends the weight of your loss and is determined to fight for your rights and the justice your loved one deserves. We assist the injured and their families in both Missouri and Illinois.
Missouri and Illinois Fatal Car Accident Statistics
Annually, countless numbers of lives are lost in fatal car accidents across the United States. According to recent data, in 2022 Missouri reported 878 fatal crashes with 964 deaths, while Illinois saw an even higher number of fatal accidents at 1,217.
These accidents not only bring about unimaginable pain to families and communities, but also affect how families are able to financially provide for each other. Halvorsen Klote's Crestwood, MO fatal car accident lawyers can aid alleviate that financial hardship and achieve justice for your family.
Common Causes of Fatal Car Accidents in Crestwood, MO
Fatal car accidents in Crestwood, MO can occur for a multitude of reasons, with some causes being more prevalent than others. Typical causes include:
- Distracted driving:
- Texting or talking on a cell phone
- Operating navigation systems or tweaking the radio
- Eating or drinking
- Driving under the influence:
- Drunk driving
- Drugs, like prescription medications
- Careless or aggressive Driving:
- Following too closely
- Ignoring traffic signals
- Excessive lane changing
- Driving too fast
- Weather-related conditions:
- Other factors:
- Faulty vehicle components
- Subpar road maintenance
Understanding these common causes emphasizes the necessity of hiring a fatal car accident lawyer in Crestwood, MO when tragedy strikes. Their role in probing and pinpointing the responsible parties can provide clarity and justice for the victims' families, assisting them traverse the complex legal landscape that often follows a fatal accident.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim for a Fatal Car Accident in Crestwood, MO?
Every state has their own laws regarding who can file a wrongful death lawsuit. So whom is eligible to file is mainly based on whether your loved one's fatal car accident happened in Missouri or Illinois:
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Missouri?
Missouri Revised Statute §537.080 stipulates three different groups of beneficiaries (people who can bring a suit), in order of priority:
- Surviving spouse
- Children of the deceased, such as natural or adopted, legitimate or illegitimate
- Lineal descendants of the deceased's children (e.g., grandchildren)
- The father or mother of the deceased
- A sibling of the deceased
- Descendants of the siblings (nieces and nephews)
- A "plaintiff ad litem," appointed by the court, who must be someone entitled to damages in the claim
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Illinois?
Illinois is different from most states because, as opposed to state law giving priority to relatives, the Illinois Wrongful Death Act (740 ILCS 180/) mandates that the wrongful death claim must be filed by the "personal representative" of the estate. In the order of priority, that personal representative is:
- Whoever is named in the deceased's will as the personal representative, as long as they are 18 or over and are of sound mind
- If there is no will or the person named as personal representative is disqualified, then the order of priority is:
- The surviving spouse
- Legatees, or people named in the will, by priority of who is entitled to the largest inheritance
- Closest relatives
- A public administrator
What Compensation Is Available for a Fatal Car Accident in Crestwood, MO?
In the devastating aftermath of a fatal car accident in Crestwood, MO, no monetary amount can replace the passing of a loved one. However, compensation pursued through legal means can ease some of the economic hardships and provide a sense of justice. You may be entitled to various forms of compensation. With the help of your Crestwood, MO fatal car accident lawyer, you can seek a financial recovery for:
- Medical bills — Any medical costs amassed before your loved one's death, such as emergency care, surgeries or other costs.
- Funeral and burial costs — Expenses related to funeral services, burial or cremation and other related costs.
- Loss of income and benefits — Compensation for the loss of income and benefits that your loved one gave to the family.
- Loss of companionship and loss of consortium — Recognition of the emotional loss and the impact on family relationships, including the loss of love, guidance and companionship.
- Pain and suffering — In some cases, compensation for the bodily discomfort and mental suffering undergone by the deceased prior to their passing, as well as the emotional toll on family members.
- Punitive damages — In scenarios where the liable party's actions were especially reckless or malicious, additional damages may be awarded as a form of punishment and deterrence.
The process of determining and pursuing these damages is complex and requires a complete understanding of the law, insurance policies and the specific facts of the crash. A fatal car accident lawyer in Crestwood, MO can provide the necessary expertise to assess potential compensation, discuss terms with insurance companies and responsible parties and advocate for the family's rights in court if necessary. Halvorsen Klote's fatal car accident lawyers are adept at working diligently to increase compensation for our clients, providing both legal skill and understanding support during this challenging time.
How Halvorsen Klote Works to Maximize Compensation in Crestwood, MO Fatal Car Accident Cases
Seeking fair compensation after a fatal car accident requires both legal acumen and an understanding of the deeply personal nature of the case. Halvorsen Klote, serving clients in Crestwood, MO and both Missouri and Illinois, approaches this process with a blend of expertise, commitment and compassion. Here's how our fatal car accident lawyer team endeavors to maximize compensation for our clients:
- Thorough investigation — We begin a comprehensive investigation into the accident, amassing all available evidence, consulting with experts and identifying all potential sources of liability.
- Understanding client needs — By spending the time to understand the unique needs, goals and circumstances of each client, we customize our approach to align with what's best for you and your family.
- Skilled negotiation — With experience in negotiating with insurance companies and other parties, our Crestwood, MO fatal car accident lawyers seek fair settlements that mirror the true value of the claim.
- Prepared for trial — While many cases are concluded through negotiation, we are always ready to take a case to trial if required, vigorously advocating for our clients' rights in court.
- Open communication — Consistent and transparent communication makes sure that you continue to be kept up-to-date at every stage of the legal process, fostering confidence and collaboration.
- Contingency fee arrangement — Your Crestwood, MO fatal car accident lawyer from Halvorsen Klote will operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning clients don't need to pay unless we win your claim. This aligns our interests with those of the client and provides accessibility to the highest quality of legal representation no matter your economic status.
Halvorsen Klote's approach to getting the highest financial recovery possible reflects our commitment to both professional excellence and compassionate representation. By assigning your case to such a firm, your family can concentrate on healing and remembrance, confident that their legal matters are being handled with the utmost care, skill, and determination. In a time laden with anxiety and grief, having a devoted legal representative can make a significant difference in the pursuit of justice and financial support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Crestwood, MO Fatal Car Accident Lawyers
Navigating the legal landscape after a fatal car accident can be overwhelming, and many questions arise during this trying time. Below are some common personal injury questions regarding hiring a fatal car accident lawyer in Crestwood, MO and the wrongful death process:
- What attributes should I look for in a fatal car accident lawyer?
- Experience in handling fatal car accident cases
- Grasp of car accident and wrongful death laws
- Compassionate approach that acknowledges the emotional nature of the situation
- Clear fee structure and communication
- How quickly should I contact a lawyer after the accident?
Immediately to ensure evidence is kept intact and legal timelines are met.
- What kind of compensation can I expect?
Compensation changes based on factors such as liability, insurance coverage, emotional loss, etc. A detailed consultation with a fatal car accident lawyer in Crestwood, MO like Halvorsen Klote can provide detailed insight.
- Will the case go to trial?
Many cases are finalized through negotiation, but Halvorsen Klote's Crestwood, MO fatal car accident lawyers are ready to go to trial if required to achieve just compensation.
- In what timeframe will the legal process take?
Timelines vary widely and depend on the details of the case, the readiness of parties to settle, court schedules and other factors.
- How might I afford a fatal car accident lawyer in Crestwood, MO?
Firms like Halvorsen Klote often operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing unless compensation is recovered.
Other cases we take on in Crestwood, MO include:
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Speak to a Fatal Car Accident Lawyer in Crestwood, MO Today
The grieving process following a fatal car accident in Crestwood, MO is indescribably difficult, and the legal challenges can be overwhelming. During such a time, knowledgeable and empathetic legal support can make a marked difference. If you or a loved one are in need of assistance, Halvorsen Klote is devoted to providing dedicated representation.
Our team of expert Crestwood, MO fatal car accident lawyers stands to assist you and your family through every stage of the legal process, with the empathy, skill, and determination that your case needs. You do not have to face this challenging journey alone. Speak to a fatal car accident lawyer in Crestwood, MO today at 866-382-4167 or fill out our online form for a complimentary case review.