Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Bonne Terre, MO
Bonne Terre, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Bonne Terre, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Bonne Terre, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Bonne Terre, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of doubt. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Bonne Terre, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Bonne Terre, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Bonne Terre, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Bonne Terre, MO:
Bonne Terre, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Bonne Terre, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after sunset.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Bonne Terre, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Bonne Terre, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and gravel create a heightened risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, another culprit is passenger car drivers who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Bonne Terre, MO Help Me?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure how to go about receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Bonne Terre, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Conducting a complete investigation into your caseso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our expertise and network of Bonne Terre, MO collision experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your Bonne Terre, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Bonne Terre, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Bonne Terre, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to helping those Bonne Terre, MO residents who have been treated unfairly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.