Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Bonne Terre, MO
Bonne Terre, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Bonne Terre, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Bonne Terre, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of brotherhood and exhilaration. However, Bonne Terre, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of uncertainty. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Bonne Terre, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Bonne Terre, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Bonne Terre, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Bonne Terre, MO:
Bonne Terre, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Bonne Terre, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after sunset.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Bonne Terre, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Are Common Causes of Bonne Terre, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists downshift to slow down, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Bonne Terre, MO Help Me?
Most who come to see us have never had to hire a lawyer before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Bonne Terre, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can obtain the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our legal knowledge and network of Bonne Terre, MO accident experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Bonne Terre, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are owed. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what's important: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it immediately disrupts your life. The Bonne Terre, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we handle in Bonne Terre, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Bonne Terre, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Bonne Terre, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case review with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.