Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Versailles, MO
Versailles, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Versailles, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Versailles, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Versailles, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Versailles, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you full compensation for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Versailles, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Versailles, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Versailles, MO:
Versailles, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Versailles, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Versailles, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Versailles, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and animals pose a heightened risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to slow down, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Versailles, MO?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Versailles, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can obtain the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Versailles, MO collision experts to determine the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Versailles, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make get every penny you deserve. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones quality legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what's important: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Versailles, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Versailles, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've committed our practice to helping those Versailles, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. For a free consultation with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.