Motorcycle Accidents Attorney St. Peters, MO
St. Peters, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Peters, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Peters, MO. There's no doubting the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their bikes. However, too many other drivers on the St. Peters, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the St. Peters, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Peters, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Peters, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in St. Peters, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in St. Peters, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other St. Peters, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in preventing motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If another driver in the St. Peters, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in St. Peters, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and animals pose an increased risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is passenger car drivers who force a biker to embark on emergency falls.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists downshift to break, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Peters, MO Help Me?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote St. Peters, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Conducting an exhaustive investigation into your accidentso that we can acquire valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our legal knowledge and network of St. Peters, MO collision experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your St. Peters, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what matters most: healing and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The St. Peters, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
St. Peters, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've committed our practice to helping those St. Peters, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.