Motorcycle Accidents Attorney St. Peters, MO
St. Peters, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Peters, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Peters, MO. There's no doubting the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their bikes. However, too many other drivers on the St. Peters, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of uncertainty. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's St. Peters, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our dedication and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Peters, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Peters, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in St. Peters, MO:
St. Peters, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More St. Peters, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the St. Peters, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in St. Peters, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and gravel create an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to come to a stop, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Peters, MO Do For My Case?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure the process of filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote St. Peters, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Carrying out an exhaustive investigation into your accidentin order to obtain valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our expertise and network of St. Peters, MO collision experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your St. Peters, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones quality legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you get a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it immediately disrupts your life. The St. Peters, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we handle in St. Peters, MO include:
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
St. Peters, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've committed our practice to helping those St. Peters, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.