Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Macon, MO
Macon, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Macon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Macon, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Macon, MO. Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of doubt. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Macon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Macon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Macon, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Macon, MO:
Macon, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle crashes lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 catastrophic injuries and 152 deaths.
More Macon, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Macon, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Are Common Causes of Macon, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Macon, MO Help Me?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had to hire a lawyer before, and don't know the process of filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Macon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Conducting an extensive investigation into your accidentin order to acquire important evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Macon, MO crash experts to ascertain the value of your injuries and who needs to be held responsible.
- Offering sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Macon, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what's important: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it immediately disrupts your life. The Macon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we take on in Macon, MO include:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Macon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of Macon, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. For a free consultation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.